• Linux Audio Conference, Mainz, Germany, 4/11/15
• Eyedrum (Atlanta), 1/25/15
• Fresh Minds Festival, Texas A&M University, 11/4/14
• ASN Doctoral Recital, University of Florida 11/25/13
• CEMIcircles Festival, University of North Texas, 10/5/13
• New York City Electroacoustic Music Festival, 4/3/13
• Digital Worlds Institute, University of Florida, 12/4/12
In C/K/P, you will see three presentations of three video 'panels,' which change position in each presentation. The sounds associated with each panel are present throughout, but are brought forward in the mix when their panel takes the center position.
(best viewed full screen, HD):
The source footage was shot on a Canon XHA1, courtesy of the UF Center for Film and Media Studies. It was processed and assembled in Kdenlive, with audio processed by PVC and Ardour (final tweaks in ProTools). The source footage includes: a shadow of a plant, with the light shining through a box fan being turned on and off; a series of cracks in concrete (with color processing, etc. added); water in a kettle, bowl, and on a shower curtain. Source sounds include a cactus, water, marimba, and a knife.
The piece is intended to be shown on three screens, and I am so fortunate that Patrick Pagano of the Digital Worlds Institute helped me put this together. Here is a photo of him adjusting it prior to the show.